Tiny Core Base > Micro Core

MicroCore using YUMI boots on black screen scattered with colored stripes

(1/3) > >>

Lantha:
Hello everyone,
I wanted to multiboot Knoppix and MicroCore through YUMI.
The Yumi menu works fine(attachment 1), I can run Knoppix from it, but when I try running Microcore, all I get is these screens (attachment 2 and 3)
So it's not a black screen with underscore problem, it's another bug I didn't see anywhere else : black screen scattered with many small colored stripes and a big pixel mess on the top of the screen which all stays indefinitely on screen.
Any idea what is causing that ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sorry for the bad image quality, I had to compress them a lot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

PDP-8:
I've experienced that, but it's not related to YUMI.

Try adding this kernel parameter:

--- Code: ---intel_iommu=off
--- End code ---

You can test of course temporarily making an edit at the TC boot menu.  To make it permanent, you'll want to edit the appropriate grub.cfg file on the stick.  As a multibooter, you'll need to drill-down the tree to find the appropriate one since there are many. :)  Typically

../../MULTIBOOT/TinyCorePure64/EFI/BOOT/GRUB/grub.cfg

You'll find it.  I'm going off memory here.  You'll recognize the standard TC grub menu choices if you are in the proper grub.cfg. :)

Yumi-Uefi in it's latest version tends to munge the kernel filepath, and it looks like you may have already fixed that.

Because of that, I can also recommend another similar in function that doesn't munge the filepath adding to headaches for those less familiar with TC to spot stuff like that

MultiBoot USB 9.2.0
http://multibootusb.org/page_download/

As always, using these 3rd party tools means we're on our own, but in this case, hope this helps.

Lantha:

--- Quote from: PDP-8 on July 06, 2020, 02:03:10 PM ---I've experienced that, but it's not related to YUMI.

Try adding this kernel parameter:

--- Code: ---intel_iommu=off
--- End code ---

You can test of course temporarily making an edit at the TC boot menu.  To make it permanent, you'll want to edit the appropriate grub.cfg file on the stick.  As a multibooter, you'll need to drill-down the tree to find the appropriate one since there are many. :)  Typically

../../MULTIBOOT/TinyCorePure64/EFI/BOOT/GRUB/grub.cfg

You'll find it.  I'm going off memory here.  You'll recognize the standard TC grub menu choices if you are in the proper grub.cfg. :)

Yumi-Uefi in it's latest version tends to munge the kernel filepath, and it looks like you may have already fixed that.

Because of that, I can also recommend another similar in function that doesn't munge the filepath adding to headaches for those less familiar with TC to spot stuff like that

MultiBoot USB 9.2.0
http://multibootusb.org/page_download/

As always, using these 3rd party tools means we're on our own, but in this case, hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't work or I 'm doing this wrong.
In the Microcore ISO there isn't any "EFI/BOOT/GRUB" folder structure, there is just a grub.cfg in "multiboot/core-11.1". Is it this one that needs modification ?
If yes, where do I need to paste the line you gave me ?
Thanks in advance for your reply

Rich:
Hi Lantha

--- Quote from: Lantha on July 06, 2020, 04:05:17 PM --- ... If yes, where do I need to paste the line you gave me ? ...
--- End quote ---
If there's a line containing something similar to this:

--- Code: ---linux /boot/vmlinuz
--- End code ---
place it at the end of that line. The path to  vmlinuz  may be something other than  /boot/.

Lantha:
WOW, it works :D
Thank you so much PDP-8 and Rich ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version