General TC > Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

Quick hack to convert Debian packages.

<< < (6/9) > >>

coreplayer:
This is so cool however I just wish there was less guessing at each step..

I'm a newbie here and need a little guidance?

First created the blank file in the same directory as the deb file to be converted. next copied the script into it and named it deb2tc

opened a terminal window at this location and you guessed it:  ERROR file not found

ok a ton of reading later and placed the script file in /bin

Error do not run as root..   

ok who would have thought!  oh well opened a terminal as user and all is well

so the first two hurdles "Filed not found" and "do not run as root"

next problem; 

Error  Install squashfs-tools-4.0 before proceeding :(

How can this be?  I mean the extension was installed prior to running the script. 

squashfs-tools-4.0 was installed as "On-Boot"  and rebooted earlier. 

If the ext is already installed why would I need to run install squashfs-tools-4.0 at the terminal?  I don't get it and am getting tired of feeling around in the dark..

So anyone what 's missing please?

Rich:
Hi coreplayer

--- Quote ---First created the blank file in the same directory as the deb file to be converted. next copied the script into it and named it deb2tc

opened a terminal window at this location and you guessed it:  ERROR file not found
--- End quote ---

Try ./deb2tc and it will find it. If you want to execute a file in the directory you are in AND that directory
is not listed in the PATH variable then you need to precede the filename with  ./

coreplayer:
cool thanks for the tip.

Any assistance with the issue of "Install squashfs-tools-4.0 before proceeding "  ??  

Only thing I can see is the script call for version squashfs-tools-4.0  yet the version installed is "squashfs-tools-4.x"  maybe a co-coincidence?

Ok this was indeed the issue!!   project completed  phew!!  I could have done without that pita  hope I remember what i did the next time..

jur:
No, that's it - the squashfs-tools was 4.0 a while ago when that script was written, but is now changed to 4.x. So you need to find the code snippets containing 4.0 and change that to 4.x.

coreplayer:
yes thanks I found that that was the issue already :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version