General TC > Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

Quick hack to convert Debian packages.

<< < (5/9) > >>

tinypoodle:
Is there any particular reason you put it into /sbin ?
seems rather unorthodox to me...   ::)

dashism:
no , but when I tried to use it in a directory I experience the same problem so I put it into /sbin .
If you know another or the correct way to use this executable file please help me . ;)
I also solved my problem to some extend by using the .rpm version of the package and converting it to .tcz .
thanks

pix:
Thank you for this amazing tip! I have been looking enviously at Tinycore for a little while now, trying to decide how I can use it at home. I'm looking to build a home server project and eventually my desktop on Tinycore. A modular OS is what I have craved since I was 12 years old and BARTPE NEARLY gave me what I was looking for, but tincore should produce something even better with a smaller footprint!!! With v3.3 released and looking good, this tip to import addiitional software may be enough! :)

Thank you again.

SamK:
Don't know if you're already aware of this one, so just in case...

Without modification, the script fails when used with TC3 as it requires "squashfs-tools-4.0".  In the TC3 repo this is named "squashfs-tools-4.x.tcz".

Jason W:
Thanks.  I will use a check like "which mksquashfs" instead of looking for a specific extension name so the eventual move to squashfs-tools 5.x won't break it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version