WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Can't get wireless anymore with TC2.1 on eeepc 701 4g  (Read 2440 times)

Offline florian

• Home Page
Can't get wireless anymore with TC2.1 on eeepc 701 4g
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:26:48 AM »
I have have a EEE PC 701 4G on which I used an older tc version (1.2 I think it was).

I have finally upgraded to microcore 2.1 + core_elements + jwm + For the wifi-realted stuff I have wireless-2.6.29.1.tczm, wireless_tool.tczl, and wpa_supplicant.tcz and openssl-0.9.8h.tczl

I used wireless beofre and now it seems I don't see wlan0. I'm trying to modprobe ath_pci from /opt/bootlocal.sh, but this module doesn't seem available in new extensions(?). Any tip to get wireless on?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Can't get wireless anymore with TC2.1 on eeepc 701 4g
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:15:59 AM »
ath_pci was from madwifi, ath5k in the wireless extension should be the right driver?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline florian

• Home Page
Re: Can't get wireless anymore with TC2.1 on eeepc 701 4g
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »
thanks curaga, you're right.
Last post is my mistake really, as I looked badly. In fact the ath5k was automagiclly loaded and wlan0 set up by new kernel of tc2. really cool :)

I like tc2: the wired interface of the eeepc works out of the box, accessing open wifi with my eeepc is easy with wireless-tools. Now I gotta move to configure access to a WPA-PSK access point I use, something I didn't do before, so I might soon call for help again :)