WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to compile and make Tiny Core Extensions.  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Cecil

How to compile and make Tiny Core Extensions.
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »
There are a few programs I would really like to have on Tiny Core Linux as I am beginning to like the operating system. However, I am very new to Linux and I find it very difficult to get the programs I want if they aren't in the AppBrowser. I would like to have a working Wine program preferably the latest. I would also like to have Wifite and everything I need to get it working correctly. I have had so much trouble finding a tcz of any of these programs and a hell of a time trying to compile the programs myself. I'm new to compiling and have never done it before. Whenever I try to compile something I get an error, either because I need something else for the compile to work or there is a header error. Even if I get all the required "dependencies"? I always still end up with some kind of error. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: How to compile and make Tiny Core Extensions.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »
Hi Cecil
The best way to get started is to just try to compile the program of interest. If you get into trouble, start a thread
and list what you did and exactly what error messages you received.

Wifite should be fairly straightforward since it's a Python script. According to this:
https://github.com/derv82/wifite
you need Python and aircrack-ng both of which are in the repository. Try it. If you have a problem, start a thread for it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:13:51 PM by Rich »

Offline Dualityonme

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:39:58 PM »
XiaopanOS iso from sourceforge probably has wifite. Use isomaster to extract it and it's dependencies.
What doesn't kill you...will make you dead next time!

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »
XiaopanOS iso from sourceforge probably has wifite. Use isomaster to extract it and it's dependencies.

Please, don't give false advices for those looking for help :(
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."