WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Suggestions for sce-import  (Read 1670 times)

Offline sm8ps

Suggestions for sce-import
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »
The sce-import command asks several times for user affirmation before it finally sets to work.
  • Right after selecting the appropriate package, one has to confirm that choice. (standard answer is negative).
  • One is asked if one wants to read through the list of packages (standard answer is negative).
  • Finally, one is asked if one really wants to proceed creating the extension (standard answer is negative).
This feels rather clumsy. I suggest to ...
  • remove the confirmation of the choice of package.
  • keep the option of reading the packages list
  • keep the final affirmation but change its standard answer to positive
I do not know if these suggestions might have unforeseen implications but I cannot see any.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Suggestions for sce-import
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
You may have seen the -n option which eliminates any confirmation, only selecting dependency SCEs or if there is not enough space when the size option is used.

I will look at this, but when answering confirmation, I check for a "y" and anything else is negative.  To do the opposite, I would have to say that everything else besides "n" is a positive.   Really not a big issue, as the answer is always yes and ctrl-c could stop the process at any time.  Yeah, the enter button would be convenient as to not have to find the y button a few times during import. 

Me, I use the -n option since I like as little interaction as possible.