WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Loading kmap  (Read 3455 times)

Offline meo

Loading kmap
« on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
Hi!

I would like to know how to load the sv-latin1.kmap in microcore after x has started. I have to make it that way because my setup is a bit special. Sudo loadkmap < /usr/share/kmaps/sv-latin1 does not work. So if someone has an idea it would be most appreciated.

Have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
Re: Loading kmap
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »
Usually, loadmap can be placed in bootlocal.sh.  What's different about your setup that does not allow this to work?

Offline meo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:40:13 PM »
Hi "hats"!

The problem is that it will not start properly if I try the normal way. I have to go kind of backwards and start with the bootcodes norestore xsetup to get it to start. After that I restore the backup. That is why it doesn't work having the command in the bootlocal.sh since that has to be executed before starting X. I have a "hacked" 12-boot system and so far that is the only way I have made microcore boot properly. I'm booting all the operating systems from the first partition of the harddrive and then for some systems I have usb-pendrives connected with extensions and such. It would be nice to get a way to load the right keyboard map so I won't have to memorize the english keyboard map.

Have fun.
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »
Why not add the file in a remaster, and then add the bootcode kmap=sv-latin1 ?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline meo

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »
Hi curaga!

Thanks for your post. I have figured out how to do it in a simpler way. I just shut the x-server down and give the command to change the kmap and then start x again. It wasn't more complicated than that.

Have fun,
meo

Offline jls

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:51:04 AM »
if u use jwm u can put loadkmap in .jwmrc
dCore user

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »
That would probably limit the kmap change to X only (which may be sufficient depending on use)

Offline meo

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »
Hi again "hats"!

It works in all programs that I use, including aterm, so that's sufficient for me. I'm not sure what you are getting at with your last post. Therefore the question mark.

Have fun,
meo

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 04:46:41 PM »
I was referring to the .jwmrc

Offline meo

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
Hi "hats"!

Sorry. but I'm not sure that I catch your drift.

Have fun,
meo

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »
Nevermind then :P

Offline meo

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »
Hi "hats"!

OK, point taken and noted. By the way everything is working perfect:-)

Have fun,
meo