WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: building ncursesw and vifm for T6-64  (Read 3523 times)

Offline aplannan

building ncursesw and vifm for T6-64
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »
Hi,
I recently built ncursesw so that I could compile vifm (ncurses filemanager with vi/vim like commands) for my 64-bit TC6. Would probably polish these into proper extensions if I felt there was any interest. One question- I noticed that the ncurses.tcz in the T6-64 repo contains the files that were in ncurses-common,tcz in the 32-bit releases of TC. Should I build ncursesw.tcz the same way or include ncurses.tcz as a dependency?
Thanks
Andy

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: building ncursesw and vifm for T6-64
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »
the ncurses extension in the corepure64 6.x repo contains the ncursesw files?

Offline aplannan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:49:33 PM »
No, it includes some of the terminfo files-specifically the ones symlinked in /usr/local/lib/terminfo that were in the past part of ncurses-common.tcz. I built my own ncursesw and was wondering if I should do the same thing before submitting it as an extension.

Andy

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »
Code: [Select]
$ ls /tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/*.so
/tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libcurses.so    /tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libmenuw.so
/tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libcursesw.so   /tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libncurses.so
/tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libform.so      /tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so
/tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libformw.so     /tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libpanel.so
/tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libmenu.so      /tmp/tcloop/ncurses/usr/local/lib/libpanelw.so

are you sure you have the most recent extension from the corepure64 6.x repo?

Offline aplannan

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »
Huh,
Ok I'll have to go back and check. I tried building vifm with ncurses in TC5-64 and it said I needed ncursesw. Maybe this has been remedied in TC6-64. I'll post tomorrow, but for now, I need to go to sleep! Thank you for your replies, it's awesome that you provide this help.

Offline aplannan

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 08:05:51 AM »
You're right -of course! Vifm is working great with the current ncurses. I'll try putting together a vifm.tcz.