WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Add icons to wbar to load and run ondemand app  (Read 2032 times)

Offline GeminiEngine

• New to and loving this distribution.
Add icons to wbar to load and run ondemand app
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:34:05 AM »
In short I am trying to add options to wbar that will load/mount an ondemand app and then execute said app. I have reviewed the following to achieve this.
I have tried various things to see if I can figure out any part of this. Attempted to cli execute ondemand firefox from wiki:ondemand, and it ran quiet, no errors, but no browser. I chose firefox simply because I am familiar with its directory structure, or thought I was.

I have tried simply to generate at least an image from the instructions from the two forums and last wiki link. No luck.

Is it possible to add an icon to wbar that will load an execute an ondemand app?
If so, are the links above the best and most current info?
If not, where can I find this; if so, any ideas what I am missing?

Offline Misalf

Re: Add icons to wbar to load and run ondemand app
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »
That feature might not behave exactly the same as it was in older versions of Core.
However, it works and I have Firefox on-demand as well.

After adding an extension to OnDemand via Apps browser (which will create a script: /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/ondemand/extension-name), you need to exit out of X (CTRL+Alt+Backspace) and get back in again ('startx') to see it appear in Wbar.
The extension might have to be loaded so the extensions icon can be copied to the ondemand directory (not sure though).

If the extension doesn't contain an icon and thus won't show up in wbar, you can copy another .png icon to  /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/ondemand  and rename its file name from  "another.png"  to  "extension-name.img" .
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline GeminiEngine

• New to and loving this distribution.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:50:06 PM »
Woo, it worked! Thank you. I scrapped my past efforts (deleted), I then loaded the package, navigated to, and copied the picture to the ondemand directory as you suggested. I had an almost identical setup, as near as I know, just different names, it did not work; I wonder what I did different.

Thanks for your time, Misalf.

Offline Misalf

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:22:16 PM »
(:
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)