WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: PXE Server?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline charely6

PXE Server?
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:51:41 AM »
I am currently trying to set up a basic PXE server for installing different Operating Systems to my computers and others without needing to burn the images to a CD or Usb. I am hoping to use Tiny Core from a virtual machine for this setup because I won't need to use it all of the time and I would like to be able to share it/run it from other computers after I get it setup. This will mostly be used for windows Installs and if possible(pretty sure its not) mac installs.  I have only just found Tiny Core and it looked like it work for this purpose. If this would be difficult to setup I understand I would then like a suggest of another linux distro that might be able to do the job without to much setup or maintance.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:55:35 AM by charely6 »

Offline tinypoodle

"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline charely6

Re: PXE Server?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
ok I will try to setup this up. But should this work with iso files of other Operating systems such as windows?

Offline tinypoodle

Re: PXE Server?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:17:21 AM »
Not out of the box, but then that is not a Core topic, not even a Linux topic.

Search syslinux wiki for "memdisk" ;)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)