WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: mpd dependencies TC5.x  (Read 3035 times)

Offline gavs

mpd dependencies TC5.x
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »
Please advise if posting such a message in this forum is not the appropriate way to report this matter.

I am using a new install of CorePlus 5.1 and trying mpd-minimal from the TC4.x repository because it is missing in the TC5.x repository. I used wget to download the tcz and the dep file. I then used tce-load -wi for the list of dependencies to get and install them from the TC5.x repositories. Two dependencies were not found in the TC5.x repositories and I used wget to download from the TC4.x repositories. The missing dependencies were:
   libmpcdec
   wavpack
I then used tce-load -i to load these dependencies and mpd-minimal. I edited the mpd.conf file and when I tried to start the mpd daemon I got the error message:
   error while loading shared libraries: libaudiofile.so.0:  ... No such file ...
This file comes from the audiofile extension. The TC5.x audiofile extension refers to libaudiofile.so.1 while the TC4.x extension refers to libaudiofile.so.0.

Checking the mpd web site, the current version is now 0.18.7 while the TC4.x extension is 0.16.8. Notes on the mpd site indicate that dependencies have been updated between these two versions.

Is there anything else I should try or does the mpd extension need to be recreated for TC5.x?

As an aside, to use tce-load -wi with the list of dependencies, I entered xargs<mpd-minimal.tcz.dep, then copied and pasted that output after tce-load -wi. I thought there might be a more elegant way to redirect or pipe the dep list to the tce-load command, but I am a novice and could not come up with the correct syntax. I tried:
   tce-load -wi < (xargs<mpd-minimal.tcz.dep)
   xargs<mpd-minimal.tcz.dep | tce-load -wi
but these did not work. Advice welcome.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: mpd dependencies TC5.x
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »
Looks it must be rebuilt against current deps in the repo.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
You could pm the extension maintainer, TaoTePuh, and request an update.

Offline PET-240

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »
How did this go?

Chuz,

Drew.

Offline gavs

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 08:21:42 AM »
There is an mpd-minimal extension in the TC5.x repository now. It is labelled TESTING. Please try it.

Questions for moderator or repo maintainer.
1. Is there a process for moving from TESTING to accepted?

2. I forgot to update the mpd version number in the info file. It should say version 0.18.7. A revision for the info file? How should this happen?

3. I have tried several of the encoding formats that mpd-minimal is supposed to handle. No problems with flac, ogg-vorbis, wav or mp3. Mpd-minimal can handle aac (no facility for tags though in aac) through faad, but as far as I could determine faad does not handle mp4 containers with aac streams. Should the info file be revised so as not to mis-lead others?

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »
I'm not sure there's formal procedure for testing - if no comments are received in a couple of weeks, we can remove "testing" from the info file.

Version number updated.

I can modify the info file if you provide the text.

Offline gavs

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »
Thanks Juanito for revising the mpd version number so promptly.

The other revision is to change the playback line from
- playback: mp3, mp4, wav, flac, ogg, vorbis, (no mpc in TC5.x)
to
- playback: mp3, aac, wav, flac, ogg, vorbis, (no mpc in TC5.x)

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »
Done  :)