WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Issues Getting Filesystem into Read/Write  (Read 3148 times)

Offline g9s0x

Issues Getting Filesystem into Read/Write
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
Now that I found where the Asterisk configuration files are located (/usr/local/etc/asterisk/ thanks to the kind help of a few board members) I'm having issues trying to modify the configuration files.  I went to /usr/local/etc/asterisk/sip.conf and tried to configure my SIP profiles but the file was read-only.  I tried to issue a #chmod 777 sip.conf but that would not take.  I got the response chmod: sip.conf: Read-only file system.  I then tried to issue a #chmod 777 /usr/local/etc/asterisk/ which took but did not allow me to make changes to sip.conf still.  I noticed that the configuration files here were pointing to the configuration files located in /tmp/tcloop/asterisk-1.8-samples/usr/local/etc/asterisk/ so I went to that directory and tried to change permissions as well but no luck in being able to modify sip.conf still (in both directories: /usr/local/etc/asterisk and /tmp/tcloop/asterisk-1.8-samples/usr/local/etc/asterisk/).

I then checked the filesystems with #cat /proc/mounts and noticed that there are 19 /dev/loopX filesystems starting with /dev/loop0 and ending with /dev/loop18.  All of these are read-only as indicated by ro.  The two related to Asterisk were /dev/loop15 and /dev/loop 16 and printed as follows:

#/dev/loop15 /tmp/tcloop/asterisk-1.8 squashfs ro, relatime 0 0
#/dev/loop16 /tmp/tcloop/asterisk-1.8-samples squashfs ro, relatime 0 0

So I tried to remount these as read/write using the following commands:

#mount -o remount,w /dev/loop15
#mount -o remount,w /dev/loop16

This did not change them from read-only to read/write.  I reissued the commands with verbose options and got the following output:

mount: mount('dev/loop15' , '/tmp/tcloop/asterisk-1.8' , 'squashfs' ,0x00208021, 'w'):0
mount: mount('dev/loop16' , '/tmp/tcloop/asterisk-1.8-samples' , 'squashfs' ,0x00208021, 'w'):0

I'm not very well versed in Linux so I'm stumped at this point, but perhaps it has something to do with the loop devices?  Any help to get these into a writable state will be MUCH appreciated.  Thanks for taking the time to help out a TCL newbie  :)

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Issues Getting Filesystem into Read/Write
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »
That is why I told you to tce-load the samples extension with the -c option.
Remove it from onboot and tce-load -ic the samples extension.
Then you can edit them and back them up after editing /opt/.filetool.lst as instructed previously.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
These files are loop mounted and in fact read only.  Please note these are samples and not intended for production use. Create your own config files and put them into /usr/local/etc/asterisk. To keep them after boot, add usr/local/etc/asterisk to /opt/.filetool.lst and make a backup before shutting down system. Doing so your config files will be persistent. And do not install samples to avoid conflicts.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline srekrap

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
Thanks bmarkus for your kind respectful reply...