WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: v5.0rc1 features  (Read 1681 times)

Offline wt

• my blog
v5.0rc1 features
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:54 AM »
Is kexec supported in this version? I have an PXE installer that I've written that uses tinycore as the base, and it'd be super useful to be able to kexec into the new system.

Also, will adding an extension with firmware (like say the bnx2x firmware) cause the modules to be reloaded so that the firmware can be properly loaded? I currently have to explode the extensions into a remaster initrd to make the bnx2x load properly.

Thanks,
wt

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: v5.0rc1 features
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:08:44 AM »
Hi wt
According the config file located here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/release/src/kernel/
CONFIG_KEXEC  is set to  Y

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: v5.0rc1 features
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:51:18 AM »
On firmware: no, loading a firmware extension doesn't trigger anything. Loading a module extension does.

However, it's safe to load them on boot in any order, since on boot the actions (such as triggering due to modules) happen only after all extensions are loaded; ie, when both the firmware and the wireless modules are available.

If you have included wireless modules in the initrd, you'll also need to include the firmware, as in that case they're not in an extension anymore.

edit: Oh, it's a wired module, not wireless. Anyway, you can do a manual trigger in bootlocal.sh if you like: "udevadm trigger".
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.