WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Flit.tcz autostart and repositioning  (Read 2323 times)

Offline meo

Flit.tcz autostart and repositioning
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »
Hi guys!

Help needed! I've been testing all kinds of methods to make flit autostart at the position that I want to have it (namely the bottom left hand corner). Then I would also like to have it in greyscale (eg no green battery; rather a black one; matching watcher that I've placed in the upper left hand corner) because of aesthetic reasons. I've been working a long time to make TC look and work the way I want and this is one of the final pieces. So if anyone could give me a hint on what to do to make this happen I would be more than grateful. I suspect that the .flit* file (don't remember the extension name at present) containing only a number (5243 or something like it is the key to the mystery.

Have fun with TC and thanks beforehand,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: Flit.tcz autostart and repositioning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »
Hi meo
See if:
Code: [Select]
flit --helpreturns any options such as  geometry  or  position. You could also check if  usr/local/share/doc/flit/flit_help.htm  contains
any useful information.

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »
meo, did you try the options in .flit.conf? Seems all the options that you want are present.
You would need to check out a color chooser to get RGB numbers to match any foreground/background colors.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline meo

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 03:38:23 AM »
Hi again guys!

Hi Robert I can't find any .flit.conf file otherwise that would have been the first I would have tried to modify. Hi Rich will give your suggestions a shot today. Thanks for showing interest and a willingness to help out. I really appreciate that!  ;)

Have fun helping out enthusiastic self learned TC users,
meo

PS Robert I only found a .flit.pid file with just a four digit number DS
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:40:30 AM by meo »
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 04:38:37 AM »
Hi again guys!

I hope you don't find me tedious reappering like this. Now I've made my own .flit.conf from the saved file which is automated if you use save in the appearing menu when right clicking on flit. I just renamed it .flit.conf and that made the trick. The only thing that doesn't get right is the color. I checked the rgb values of the colors I wanted and subsequently incerted them in the conf file. There was no change.  :'( Well I can live with that since flit is appearing automatically in the place I want it to. Will give the rgb challenge some tries and see what happens. Thanks Rich and Robert for setting me on the right track!!!  :)

Kind regards to you guys,
meo