WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with alsa and hdc...  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Medox

[SOLVED] Problem with alsa and hdc...
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:18 AM »
I searched everywhere and tried everything but I don't get it...

I use the wiki for remastering and I do it within TC2rc1... and after installing what I need (especially alsa) I want to add everything to the /tmp/extract folder

Now, the full filesystem is in /tmp/extract. Feel free to add, remove, or edit anything you like.

I copied /usr and /etc to /tmp/extract (and tried the other ones too) and with /etc copied alsa works great but hdc dissapears totally, in the final (remastered) booting version. If I copy everything without /etc I have hdc but alsa isn't working anymore. So I need to copy only some files from /etc to /tmp/extract/etc... what exactly?

I copied asound.state but it's not the missing part to get sound and hdc in the same time/dev (and I know the /usr/.../alsasound start and mount /dev... stuff). So... What's missing?

And I would apreciate some tips... in my quote, from above, it isn't quite sure what I should add, remove or edit. I kjust copy everything from my installed version to that /tmp/extract folder and it works, until little problems come up... like this.

What exactly is needed/modified in the main ("host") tinycore that should be copied to /tmp/extract? I know of /usr... what else?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:14:36 PM by Medox »
“Your body's just a vehicle, transporting the soul.
It's what's inside of people, is beauty to behold.” - Damian Marley

Offline Medox

Re: Problem with alsa and hdc...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »
problem solved...

I copied /etc over /tmp/extract/etc but without fstab. (keeping the original one)
After 20 remasterings... well, that's the price a noob has to pay :D

But the question kinda remains:
What do the installed extensions change in the "host" tinycore and what folders remain the same
I mean /etc goes over /tmp/extract/etc without fstab (in my case), but what folders are ready for complete overwritings and which of them should not be copied to the remaster/tmp folder?
“Your body's just a vehicle, transporting the soul.
It's what's inside of people, is beauty to behold.” - Damian Marley

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: [SOLVED] Problem with alsa and hdc...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:20:39 AM »
Well, I wouldn't do a remaster by copying from the live system. Not only is it unnecessary to copy files already there, but some files might be modified by the system (fstab for example).

Generally you can add a tce type extension by extracting it over the tree, for example
tar -C /tmp/extract -xvf nano.tce

Making icons/menus available in an included extension requires some tweaking, but for console apps this is all that's needed. Oh, and if an app installs into /usr/local, persistent local should no longer be used with the remaster (as using it would effectively remove everything previously in /usr/local)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.