WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Possible bug in mnttool  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Lee

• My Core wiki user page
Possible bug in mnttool
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:34:49 PM »
I was recently given three identical Transcend brand 8GB SDHC cards.  When I initially inserted these cards (one at a time, as I have only one SD slot on my PC) and mounted them, there was some confusion probably due to the fact that they really were identical - right down to the UUID and lack of volume label.

I reformatted all of them with mkdosfs, giving each a volume label and verifying that they then also had unique UUIDs.

Now if I insert one card and start mnttool I can hover over the button for the card and it displays the volume label.  However, if I remove the card and insert one of the others then click the refresh button, wait a few seconds and again hover over the button for the card it will still display the volume label from the first  card, not the current one.  If I close and restart mnttool, it displays the correct volume label.

32 bit core4.7.7, Xprogs, Xorg-7.6, wbar, jwm  |  - Testing -
PPR, data persistence through filetool.sh          |  32 bit core 8.0 alpha 1
USB Flash drive, one partition, ext2, grub4dos  | Otherwise similar

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Possible bug in mnttool
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
Did you click refresh before inserting the 2nd card to verify that it was unregistered?

Offline Lee

• My Core wiki user page
Re: Possible bug in mnttool
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:52:23 PM »
Hmmm... I was really tired when I posted this topic and had completely forgotten about it.

Yes, I did click refresh in between removing one card inserting the next, but I don't remember whether or not it acknowledged the slot being empty.  I'll be back to that machine this weekend and will check again.

My "regular" machine doesn't recognize SD cards at all, which I'm sure is a (dys-) function of my very cheap external (usb) media reader.
32 bit core4.7.7, Xprogs, Xorg-7.6, wbar, jwm  |  - Testing -
PPR, data persistence through filetool.sh          |  32 bit core 8.0 alpha 1
USB Flash drive, one partition, ext2, grub4dos  | Otherwise similar