WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Migrate TCL from a faulty usb pendrive  (Read 1806 times)

Offline swiftprince

Migrate TCL from a faulty usb pendrive
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:39:42 AM »
Hello All,

I've got a little question about the migration of an existing TCB installed on a 2Gb small pendrive.

The last week it begun to show read/write errors at boot time (bad inodes, bad file offsets, etc...) so, I think that the pendrive is a little bit faulty and I want to copy the whole content to another bigger (and best quality) pendrive.

So my question is: Is there a method to copy the whole contents of the old pendrive to the new one, without loose anything (including the boot sectors, configuration, etc...)?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline tinypoodle

"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Migrate TCL from a faulty usb pendrive
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:02 AM »
The last week it begun to show read/write errors at boot time (bad inodes, bad file offsets, etc...) so, I think that the pendrive is a little bit faulty and I want to copy the whole content to another bigger (and best quality) pendrive.

I agree that this is probably a warning of bad things to come, but did you try to fix the errors using "fsck"?

Offline swiftprince

Re: Migrate TCL from a faulty usb pendrive
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:25:17 AM »

I agree that this is probably a warning of bad things to come, but did you try to fix the errors using "fsck"?

Yep. I've just do a fsck but the problems appears again... thanks for the tip!