WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Screen rotation  (Read 3199 times)

Offline Martin Heller

Screen rotation
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
I have TinyCore installed on a single board PC with an IntelĀ® integrated extreme GMA 3150 (Graphic Media Accelerator) graphics card. The attached screen is a 640x480 eGalax touch panel. I would like to rotate the screen which works fine with Xvesa when I add

Code: [Select]
Xvesa --screen 640x480@90x24

to .xsession.

However, due to the touch panel (which I can only callibrate manually using xinput when running Xorg), I would like to achieve the same with Xorg. Thus, I have installed the Xorg-7.6 extension and the xf86-video-intel driver. This works fine with the screen in the default orientation. Adding Option "Rotate" "left" to my xorg.conf results in
intel (0): Option "Rotate" is not used
in the Xorg.0.log file and the screen is not rotated.

I've also tried rotating the screen using
xrandr -o left
This makes the screen go blank and nothing happens other than I have to kill the X session using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace and restart X.

Is it possible to do the same as Xvesa does with the --screen flag using Xorg?

Offline Martin Heller

Re: Screen rotation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »

I've also tried rotating the screen using
xrandr -o left
This makes the screen go blank and nothing happens other than I have to kill the X session using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace and restart X.

I've managed to rotate my display using xrandr and Xorg. There is a bug in the xf86-video-intel driver version shipped with TinyCore. Downloading xf86-video-intel v. 2.20.12 from https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2012/2012q4-intel-graphics-stack-release allowed me to rotate with xrandr. A newer version of Libdrm was needed to compile but could be downloaded from the same place.