WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to set the 'run action' to open files in Rox-Filer with the Editor?  (Read 3626 times)

Offline davec60

Hi,
When I click on text files in Rox-Filer in order to try and open them I get a message back saying that there is no 'run action' for such files. My text editor is the basic 'Editor' that comes as standard with the Coreplus ISO. I simply need to know what to insert in the 'set run action' dialog box. I have tried entering 'Editor' or 'editor' but this did not 'work' ie. clicking on the text files did not open them in the 'Editor' program. Can anyone please enlighten me on this? Thanks,
Dave
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:16:32 PM by davec60 »

Offline tinypoodle

Re: What do I need to do to set the 'run action' to open files with the Editor?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
try:
editor "$@"

And please modify the subject of first post to include "Rox-Filer", as this is a question pertaining to a specific extension ;)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline ananix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:27:01 PM »
the standard says %u i use that for instance in pcmanfm

Offline tinypoodle

"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
the standard says %u i use that for instance in pcmanfm

Such would result in a popup:

Enter a shell command which will load "$@" into a suitable program. Eg:

gimp "$@"

Offline tinypoodle

Offline ananix

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
I no nothing about rox-filer and just saw it as a file manager trying to associate file types with programs and maybe i should have kept it shut.
I was answering straight to the poster as a suggestion, sorry for not leaving quotes, but it was not meant against your definitive answer from someone who knew, being you :) So its was not meant like "my surgestion is a standard your answer is not..."
Besides that we speak of two different things now one being a shell var and the other being field code for file managers.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
So its was not meant like "my surgestion is a standard your answer is not..."
Besides that we speak of two different things now one being a shell var and the other being field code for file managers.

The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from.

Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Computer Networks, 2nd ed., p. 254