WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Can't run fbterm  (Read 4297 times)

Offline cortman

Can't run fbterm
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:28:37 PM »
Having gotten gnu screen functioning, my next step was to install and run fbterm. I downloaded all the .tcz packages from the repository on a different computer and copied them to /tce/optional. I made sure to get all dependencies. I can run

Code: [Select]
tce-load -i fbterm
And it will load without a problem; it also loads libx86, Xorg-7.6-lib, gpm, expat2, and fontconfig. These all load fine. When I run "fbterm" though, I get the following message:

fbterm: error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I searched the TCZ repository for libfreetype, but with no results.
How can I get this working?
Copy.com offers 15 GB free cloud storage plus 5 GB extra for both of us when you use my referral link: https://copy.com?r=IlpMD4 :)

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: Can't run fbterm
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
Hi cortman
It is in  Xlibs.tcz.

Offline cortman

Re: Can't run fbterm
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:08 AM »
Hi cortman
It is in  Xlibs.tcz.

Perfect; thanks a lot! That fixed that. But now I'm having other problems.
After loading fbterm and dependent extensions, I can start it with "fbterm". About half the time it will start (I suppose, because it changes- text size gets smaller, and the text is really poor- half the lines are missing- pretty much illegible) and half the time it will simply tell me

stdin isn't a interactive tty!
Also, when I do get it to run (at least make the text illegible) there's a warning at the top that I can barely make out- something like

can't change kernel keymap table all characters will NOT work! see SECURITY NOTES ----- man page ----------
I've checked and confirmed that /dev/fb0 exists, otherwise I'm stumped.
Thanks in advance.
Copy.com offers 15 GB free cloud storage plus 5 GB extra for both of us when you use my referral link: https://copy.com?r=IlpMD4 :)