WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: compiling TinyCore kernel + modules -- creating ISO  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Oifan

compiling TinyCore kernel + modules -- creating ISO
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »
Hi folks  :)

Approximately 1 year ago I have found tinyrt-linux -- "A build system for creating real time linux based on Tiny Core Linux" by Sercan Arslan (gitorious.org/tinyrt/linux/trees/master).
It is a set of scripts that download kernel sources, patches, some TC extensions (compiletc, perl5, ncurses-dev, ...) and run make menuconfig, and finally compile the whole kernel with modules + compcache (compcache is actually a compressed swap in RAM).

Only recently I have realized that the standard TinyCore Linux is not tinyrt Linux, so I would like to get/use a similar set of scripts for compiling standard TinyCore Linux, so that I can slightly change kernel configuration (e.g. changing some defaults in "make menuconfig" step). The output should be 2 bootable ISOs (microcore_4.x.iso, tinycore_4.x.iso). In ideal case, this set of scripts should (if no configuration change is made) produce the same 2 ISO images as on TinyCore download page.

I have 2 questions:
  • Is there (on tinycorelinux.net web or elsewhere) such a set of script, or where can I find it ?
  • Has anyone considered adding compcache-like module to the new 3.0.x kernel ?

Thanks.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: compiling TinyCore kernel + modules -- creating ISO
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »
2. As with TC 3, we have that by default in the base. With the latest kernels it's been merged as zram.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.