WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How is it possible  (Read 2843 times)

Offline earlytv

How is it possible
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
The unit I am having problems with for TCL turns out to be a S30L not the older S30.

S30 ram on main board cant change, flash drive non standard IDE, bios 1.15

S30L ram a laptop board, flash drive a standard 44 pin IDE, bios 1.15x

Once TCL boots into and runs on the S30L the boot drive cant be found or mounted?
This happens for USB or IDE, the drive is gone? Even more strange, if I  plug in a 2nd
usb stick after boot TCL sees it and will mount it? Come on, it lost 1st usb but will do 2nd, Come on.
I will try this next unless you tell me it could harm the usb stick? I will pull out, after boot, the usb it lost, plug it back in to see if it finds it again?

Any script lines I can type into consol to maybe find lost flash drive or usb drive?

I have a note on WYSE forum to see what is different about bios or board?

Last edit  I found that USB sticks used over and over for many different tasks can get messed up. I have been working with TCL for only days but when I could not get 1 working for puppy linux which I have used for years? I took a HP program made to format fully a USB stick and fixed some of mine. Now I can boot the S30L with TCL on a Usb stick and its still present after boot, not mounted but still present.  Now, is the flash drive messed up?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:26:24 AM by earlytv »