WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Praying for audio and video editing  (Read 2844 times)

Offline grandma

• Never forget Grandma Loves You & made that candy4U
    • Back when a 10MB HD was $500 bucks
Praying for audio and video editing
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
Ok - so far I have "ALMOST" the publishing capability I had in Windows - including (finally) getting my ftp to a terminal command prompt - as I used to do in DOS - GFTP is probably good for some folks - but it drove me nuts and now I can click - type a little and poof - a script does command line ftp uploads and downloads etc. - kewl - fast- great.

LAST PROBLEM (heh heh - I wish) - audacity is a crash and burn event - wished it worked - will try Lee's suggestion to load OSS (am using Alsa - hope it doesn't have a conflict) but I remember audacity was a pretty clunky affair even in Windows and failed to make anything but wav files - wish there was MULTI-TRACK AUDIO here...any thoughts?

Then there is the big cheese - a video editor.

Moyea (free in Windows) worked "so-so" and a "vegas style" editor would be pretty awesome ... but is anyone working on compiling anything in this department any time soon?

A few months ago I spoke to Juanito a bit about a few "recommended" video editors (seemed to work for Linux) - but didn't get one to compile...

~ Luv Grandma
"When children of all nations
play in the sandbox together
all morning-all day-all week, and
one fine sunny day; all year long ...
... then war will become an ancient memory
and Grandma can knit that sweater
you'll hold near to your heart
until long after you're my age.