WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] where to put bash scripts? there in ls but not found for execution?  (Read 2823 times)

Offline hca

Sorry if this is dopey, but i have searched with no joy.

I have 2 TC devices, both thin clients, one has TC in the flash DOM, the other in a usb stick.
I have a installed couple of apps to do the job i require running. all good from command line.

I have them persistent, they are there ok after boot, but where and how to put an executable bash script?

I put the executable 777 bash script to start them in /user/local/sbin as root, but system reports file not found, I try it in /home/tc with the same result, they are there in ls and editable with midnight commander, but i cant get them to run??

Full path ie /usr/local/sbin/xyz or ./xyz report not found.

Do I need to some how make them on loops?

reg, hc. ???

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:46:03 AM by hca »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Sounds like you don't have bash installed.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline hca

Curaga,

many thanks, Well I said dopey, never crossed my mind it was not there.

BTW this is a real slick little distro!

Offline Lee

• My Core wiki user page
Does your script actually need bash?  If it can run under the default shell (busybox ash) then you can avoid the dependency on bash by changing the shebang to  #!/bin/sh

A quick look in appbrowser tells me that bash weighs in at a half MB so you might not care about that.  For some reason I'd thought it was heavier than that.
32 bit core4.7.7, Xprogs, Xorg-7.6, wbar, jwm  |  - Testing -
PPR, data persistence through filetool.sh          |  32 bit core 8.0 alpha 1
USB Flash drive, one partition, ext2, grub4dos  | Otherwise similar

Offline hca

yes shell is fine, just habit of using bash all the time.  Its only a kick off script.