WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: asm/system.h  (Read 4667 times)

Offline marquitico

asm/system.h
« on: August 01, 2011, 02:51:34 AM »
Stupid newbie compile question (MicroCore 2.10):

Am trying to build golem window manager from source, but it needs asm/system.h. I see that the asm subdirectory in base-dev lacks this header file, but the linux-headers package has one. Is this the same thing? Since the asm subdirectories in these two tcz packages are in slightly different places, is it enough to have both extensions loaded up when I run configure? Or should I copy it from one location to another? Thoughts, advice welcome.

Thank you.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: asm/system.h
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:04:56 AM »
Just to check, but since you're using mc-2.x, are you using extensions from the 2.x repo to compile rather than those from the 3.x repo?

Offline marquitico

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:27:21 AM »
Yes, 2.x tcz extensions.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:04:50 AM »
For me, the main purpose of the linux-kernel* extension is to be able to compile modules without needing to unpack and prepare the full kernel source - it shouldn't be required to compile apps?

Offline marquitico

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:07:48 PM »
During configure it is referenced as an include by one of this package's own header files. I am too inexpert to be able to assess whether or not this is necessary, or how to get around it if possible, and build without it.  :P

The golem window manager project seems to have stalled, so I am getting no help from the maintainer, who seems not to be there anymore. People I know who use it do love it, so I was just curious.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:30 PM »
I guess you could try copying over system.h from linux-headers* to /usr/include/asm (or wherever it expects to find it) and see what happens..

Offline marquitico

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:36 AM »
OMG, what a mess.  >:(

So, yes, manually copying the system.h file worked, but then configure asked for something like nine other files from the linux-headers package and then failed anyway, spewing out garbage characters to the console. The golem project did stall at this version, so maybe the package is broken. Thank you for your thoughts, though.