General TC > Tiny Core on Virtual Machines

What? No Weepping corner in this forum?

(1/4) > >>

meanpt:
 ??? My requirements are:

1 - To "graphicalize" the access, reading and writing in any folder and partition of the windows filling system - and no, STOP THE RETURN TO THE  PROMPT TEXT COMMANDS OF THE DARK AGES OF THE COMPUTING HISTORY. This requirement is a must.

2- to have the damned internet browsers assuming your keyboard configuration without having to input any commands - at least, allow for  the downloading of a graphical interface, as an extension, to configure it.

3- To have the full name of the applications listed in the application browser, as well as having them grouped by type in the user perspective (you know, internet browsing, internet messaging, and so on).

4- To have, at least, a downloadable graphical extension for the uninstallation of any extension or application.

5- To "graphicalize" the tiny core  installation options and procedures.

6- To provide real time warnings on the resources, cause after opening some internet browser tabs, the browser crashes.

7- To allow virtual box install the guest additions module

Until then, I'll be weeping ... :'(

roberts:
Obviously your requirements are that of a fully featured turnkey traditional hard installed system.
There are several hundred of which that will better suit your demands. So 'crying' over the comparision of a 10MB versus 1000MB system is not very productive, nor will it elicit any sympathy.

julianb:
meanpt - tinycore doesn't have anyone who's being paid to take care of those requirements for you.

volunteers might make those features available in a future release - i'm quite sure all of this is possible for a "20MB small core" based on tinycore, BUT only if a few people step up and write the code.

While we wait for that to happen (it might never happen) please consider a distribution like Masonux or Puppylinux, both of which you can find in a search engine.

JoXo009:

--- Quote from: meanpt on December 22, 2009, 04:29:32 AM ---My requirements ...
Until then, I'll be weeping ... :'(

--- End quote ---

Good news

meanpt:

--- Quote from: roberts on December 22, 2009, 07:05:14 AM ---Obviously your requirements are that of a fully featured turnkey traditional hard installed system.
There are several hundred of which that will better suit your demands. So 'crying' over the comparision of a 10MB versus 1000MB system is not very productive, nor will it elicit any sympathy.

--- End quote ---

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! tinycore already do most of it, but with text commands and a lot of linux knowledge. What I seek are loadable modules from the applications browser to be loaded and unloaded as needed and wanted, to keep the memory,s small foot print and usage. I,m currently writing without the right keyboard configuration which is nonsense for an application destined to be popular among everyone, including windows users, travellers and son one. In some way, it has the potential to be the equivalent to a micro windows mobile.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version