Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

file-roller fails to start in TC6

(1/2) > >>

nitram:
file-roller fails to start in TC6 even though libffi is already installed:

--- Code: ---tc@box:~$ file-roller
file-roller: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
tc@box:~$ tce-status -i | grep libffi
libffi

--- End code ---

Juanito:
I'll try to look at this in the next couple of days (unless you'd like to recompile the extension) - in the meantime you can use the libffi5 extension

nitram:
Trying to recompile now. Running into errors, adding libraries, we'll see how it goes. Problem isn't system, rather PEBKAC :)

Didn't realize GTK3 - pretty heavy. Will update thread later today. If no joy, will let you know i need your help. Thanks.

nitram:
Was able to compile and run file-roller, but could not get it to work with a 'base norestore' boot, so must be missing a dependency. Used the existing .dep file, appended other libraries, still couldn't get it to run. Spent way too much time trying different things. Don't know how you developers create a .dep file from an 'ldd' list, must come with experience. Sorry for the fail, i've only submitted two extensions thus far and only one required but a single dependency. Can't spend any more time on this at the moment.

Tried re-compiling again with different options and then couldn't even run with error, silly gnome stuff:

--- Code: ---(process:4759): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.FileRoller.Listing' is not installed
     Trace/breakpoint trap
--- End code ---

As you indicated, the existing file-roller extension works fine with libffi5.tcz added to the .dep file - tested. So is there really a need to recompile or can the repository's .dep file just be updated?

Another quick question, the wiki or manual indicates users can submit a build-dep text file to help with future re-compiles...where would i find this? The info is not available in apps or even http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/6.x/x86/tcz/.

Juanito:
recompiled file-roller posted.

Note that the original build details were at http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/tcz/src/file-roller

To avoid the schemas error you need the following in the start-up script:
--- Code: ---glib-compile-schemas /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version