Off-Topic > Starter Packs

Installer for computers without a CD or DVD drive.

<< < (3/4) > >>

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: aus9 on June 04, 2011, 08:29:59 PM ---1) I appear to have no reply function to this post
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=9585.0

--- End quote ---

Thread is locked   ;)

roberts:

--- Quote from: aus9 on June 04, 2011, 08:19:33 PM ---roberts

thanks for your gracious reply

any chance of considering the merit of the proposal to rename TC kernel from bzImage to vmlinuz?

In the fullness of time ....of course

--- End quote ---
I have not forgotten your request. The Kernel name will be changed from bzImage to vmlinuz starting with Tiny Core v4.0. This will be useful for those wishing to use grub2 and its auto-detection capability.

coreplayer2:
Oh no!!  not a name change :(   What about all those all those folks who use Grub4Dos ??   who are quite happy with the naming structure as it is??

I guess the file supports Virtual Memory and is compressed, so how come it evolved to bzImage effectively bypassing vmlinuz?  maybe I got this confused but I thought bzImage is smarter in the function of expanding to non contiguous memory and a natural progression from vmlinuz?

curaga:
It's just a name, bzImage = vmlinuz for all purposes. You're free to name your kernel file as you want.

Lee:
I don't suppose naming it something like "tc3.x" or "2.6.33.3-tInycore" would simplify things?

;)   the capital "I" is just to help keep the forums active  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version