WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] manual install to HD  (Read 1638 times)

Offline apacherulzz

[SOLVED] manual install to HD
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:59:19 AM »
Let me start by saying Tiny Core is quite impressive! I just began working on getting a live usb working this evening and within a few hours or more I had everything i want and such a small footprint!

now comes my problems though and thats getting it installed on my int drive. I avoided the HD/USB installer because I was unsure as to how it was going to treat my flash drive and this is the only location now of my important files. so i proceeded with the manual install. I wanted to go ext4 and grub2. I made sure to use -I 256 when making ext4 and grub-install went without any errors.

However, when I reboot, I get dumped into a grub console. It reads the partition fine as I'm able to view my files and set root. Whenever I try to load bzImage though it says its not of the correct architecture whether I try the 32 or 64 bit kernel load command. How can this be? I copied the bzImage from my flash drive thats working great? Any tips/suggestions?  _thanks_ : )

EDIT:

I made the very dumb mistake of using a grub 1 config file for grub 2 and when dumped to the grub 2 terminal I was trying to use the kernel command which has been changed to linux. Sorry for the mix up!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:05:58 PM by apacherulzz »