Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

what about custom onDemand rc files?

<< < (2/2)

curaga:

--- Quote ---@curaga
arent those script generated somewhere? I mean: what appends if i remove an extension from the onDemand list? are my change to that file lost?
--- End quote ---

Yes, and yes. However, an ondemand script already usually starts one app, so creating an entirely new framework to do the same feels as an unnecessary complication to me.

If you feel you want to keep the script around even when moving things in appsaudit, just move it to some other dir (like ~/.local/bin), where it won't be affected.

FxIII:
It make sense to move the optional startup script upstream. To make it possible the ~/.local/bin should be in the path before the [...]/tce/ondemand folder. My PATH env does not talk about any $HOME/.local/bin. Where is the better place to tell the shell to load that folder just before the [...]/tce/ondemand one? In that case one can just wrote down a script that runs the ondemand loading script and then put its own code to automatize any task can be usefull to do after start.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: FxIII on March 16, 2011, 01:25:13 AM ---My PATH env does not talk about any $HOME/.local/bin.

--- End quote ---

Does the dir exist?

Lee:
If ${HOME}/.local/bin exists (is a directory), .profile adds it to the PATH.

For myself, I use ${HOME}/bin - can't imagine why you'd want that hidden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version