WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Guidelines for extension submission  (Read 14872 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Guidelines for extension submission
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
It was caught in the spam trap.   I have forgot to check it recently, sorry for the wait, I am tending to it now.

Offline CaptBill

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
Hi Jason,
I am having an issue with the fpc.tcz (freepascal) not loading correctly. I am live cd booting with a local tce directory. The problem seems that the file structure on my system is usr/local/bin/fpc and the fpc.tcz structure loads it as /usr/bin/fpc.
Is this an error with set-up on my end or is it a typo in the fpc.tcz? Should fpc.tcz run with the stock config or should I adjust my path somehow?

The compiler seems to load and work correctly. It is the IDE that hangs, apparently because the directories are not there. The IDE is "fp.exe" the compiler itself is "fpc.exe" to test it.

I have notified the creator (Arslan S)

Thanks in advance
James 3[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
No, fpc.tz has its files in /usr/local/bin.
fp.exe is not a Linux program.  Are you trying to run a Windows program?

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »
Small O.T.: Jason, what do you think if your script "submitcqc4" would create a template for build-dep, packname.tcz.info (with autocomplete of pack name, dimension and date of creation) and empty packname.tcz.dep?
The request is for lust of completeness, it isn't absolutely vital  ;)

Offline CaptBill

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »
No, fpc.tz has its files in /usr/local/bin.
fp.exe is not a Linux program.  Are you trying to run a Windows program?

Thanks,
I actually meant to say the source files directory for FPC (which contains  a specific file ppc386).
The  tcz contains a fc.cfg that appears to not see this ppc386. And it is a hidden file at /home/tc/fp.cfg which I cannot change without modifying the extension.
Looking closer, I think I was mistaken on the cfg not looking right. It looks to be correct after all.

And looking closer that means I really need to talk to the author on this, being a fpc configuaration issue.
And, hopefully, the fix is simply finding his working config for Tinycore.

Author, 'Arslan S', left no contact. Hopefully you know where to forward the message, would be great.

Cheers

exe hahaha oops (is it .so?)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:19:37 PM by CaptBill »
James 3[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

Offline Rich

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 08:29:41 PM »
Hi CaptBill
This topic belongs under either   TCE Q&A Forum   or   TCE Bugs.
You can send Arslan S. a brief personal message and bring it to his attention. Click on  Members
at the top of the page and you can look him up.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
About submitqc4, I would rather not get into building templates and trying to determine build deps, it is mainly for checking what is already there.

Offline vinnie

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
no, no; no determination of the dependencies, only the empty file.
The idea is that, once started submitqc4 on a new package, this pulls out all the required files, so that one should only worry about finish to complete built-dep and info file (but already having the structure) and the .dep, deleting it if don't need (pack with no dependencies).
In short, a little help for lazy people :P

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
Basically it comes down to that would be more stuff I would have to work on, debug, and maintain, and I really don't have the time resources to take on any more than I already have.  But there are some good routines in other folks' build scripts that do that very thing with the info and build-dep files. 

Offline vinnie

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 10:59:52 AM »
in fact this is not fundamental, it is just to talk about potentiality  ;)