Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Problem with restore fsarchiver

(1/1)

wandows:
This is my first post, sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Fsarchiver always used to backup and restore using "System rescue cd ". There is little known and Tinycore've been doing some testing to unzip the files. "fsa", but gave the following error message:

"the data block (Which is shared by multiple files) is corrupt"

could someone give me a light on this error.

Since already many thanks.

gutmensch:
please run

--- Code: ---$ tce-update

--- End code ---
first in a terminal to get a newer version. I updated fsarchiver, there was also a problem with a link to the lzma lib.

if the problem persists please use the debug options (-d -v) of fsarchiver and attach them to your post. I made a quick test with savefs and restorefs and it worked for me.

wandows:

--- Quote from: gutmensch on December 16, 2010, 04:31:17 AM ---please run

--- Code: ---$ tce-update

--- End code ---
first in a terminal to get a newer version. I updated fsarchiver, there was also a problem with a link to the lzma lib.

if the problem persists please use the debug options (-d -v) of fsarchiver and attach them to your post. I made a quick test with savefs and restorefs and it worked for me.

--- End quote ---

I did what you recommended and then running the tce-update was enough to solve the problem.

Savefs was created with a new backup. fsa

Restfs was restored with the file created and restored an old file created with "System Rescue CD".

Regarding the creation of symbolic link Liblzma.so.0 I had solved by searching here in the forum.
I added the following lines in /opt/bootlocal.sh link to be created shortly after boot.
Correct me if I did the correct procedure.

ln -s /usr/local/lib/liblzma.so /usr/local/lib/liblzma.so.0
ldconfig

Thank gutmensch, since I'm very grateful.

gutmensch:

--- Quote from: wandows on December 16, 2010, 05:55:07 PM ---Regarding the creation of symbolic link Liblzma.so.0 I had solved by searching here in the forum.
I added the following lines in /opt/bootlocal.sh link to be created shortly after boot.

ldconfig

--- End quote ---

That was indeed absolutely correct but now it shouldn't be necessary anymore because fsarchiver now links to liblzma.so.5 and not liblzma.so.0 anymore. :)

Glad that I could be of help, you're welcome!

wandows:

--- Quote from: gutmensch on December 17, 2010, 06:15:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: wandows on December 16, 2010, 05:55:07 PM ---Regarding the creation of symbolic link Liblzma.so.0 I had solved by searching here in the forum.

ldconfig

--- End quote ---

That was indeed absolutely correct but now it shouldn't be necessary anymore because fsarchiver now links to liblzma.so.5 and not liblzma.so.0 anymore. :)

Glad that I could be of help, you're welcome!

--- End quote ---

I removed the lines that were added to the / opt / bootlocal.sh and functioned normally.

Good thing that this little bug has been fixed.

Thank you for the great reception and attention.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version