Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

[SOLVED] Script for Couchdb

(1/1)

josemaria.alkala:
I have been using microcorelinux for about a week and I am pretty pleased with the idea. This is my first message on the board, I am not a developper and it is the first time I try to do a package for any linux distribution, so please... be nice to me.

I am trying to create an extention for CouchDB. Currently, I have manage to create extensions for erlang and spider_monkey. But with couchdb, I have hit the wall.

I am trying to implement the security considerations stated in this page: http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/source.html.

I am doing so by mean of creating an script called: .../usr/local/tce.installed/couchdb

I am having the following the following issues:
a) I am not being able to create a group called: "couchdb"
I tried:

--- Code: ---addgroup couchdb

--- End code ---
but it complains saying unkown group.

I have tried as well:

--- Code: ---sudo addgroup couchdb

--- End code ---
without success.

On the other hand, "adduser"  worked absolutely fine.

b) After than change ownership and permissions. But the script seem to get stopped (I have to use Ctrl+C). But the change in permissions and ownership seem to be right.
It gets hang when I execute:

--- Code: ---$ tce-run couchdb

--- End code ---

I don't have that problem if I run for example:

--- Code: ---$ tce-run erlang

--- End code ---

Any suggestion?

Kind regads,
José M.

josemaria.alkala:
a) Resolved.

I guess I did something wrong, while creating the package because it is working with:

--- Code: ---sudo addgroup couchdb

--- End code ---

josemaria.alkala:
b) Solved

It was couchdb the one which got stuck. I wasn't aware that "tce-run" actually executes "couchdb" messing the files permissions (not tce-run's bad). When I tried:

--- Code: ---tce-load -i couchdb

--- End code ---
It worked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version