General TC > Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

Flume math app BETA version 0.9.0

<< < (2/5) > >>

MikeLockmoore:
I'm currently developing on TC 3.1 and 3.0.  I don't know of any reason it should not compile and run OK on TC 2.10, but maybe the version does have some impact.  Is there anything else unconventional about your setup (WM, XOrg instead of VESA, etc)? Unless I find a posting by someone else who ran into a similar FLTK problem, I don't know if I can duplicate and fix it.  :-\

UPDATE: A bit of searching did not lead to any specific causes or fixes. This kind of error seems to pop up in many different situations with many different applications.  My only thought after looking at these is to think about whether you have the proper XOrg development headers installed for your setup, especially if you are using XOrg as your display server.
--
Mike

tinypoodle:
Using jwm-snapshot and the Xvesa.tcz extension (as opposed to Xvesa included in base).
I wouldn't really label this as a problem, as there appears to be no impact whatsoever in functionality.

tinypoodle:
FWIW, I have actually Xorg-7.4-dev.tcz (as a dependency of some app) installed, without having Xorg installed.

MikeLockmoore:
@tinypoodle:  Maybe the headers have nothing to do with it.  I wonder if the Xvesa.tcz has a slight incompatibility with FLTK's runtime API lib. If I can ask, why install Xvesa.tcz?

tinypoodle:
There are some rather minor differences in behaviour in some aspects, couldn't recall all at the moment; but I have observed "leaking" of memory to a big extent with Xvesa in base, e.g. last time I had reached a res mem usage of 230MB - Right now is around 100 MB (couldn't say exactly as I am using swap) with Xvesa extension after 29 d uptime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version