WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Xvesa -nozap not working anymore?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline jonathanbrickman0000

• PC TSC:  Easily turn a PC into a terminal server client
Xvesa -nozap not working anymore?
« on: November 04, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
I installed the Xvesa package, edited my .xsession to put "-nozap" as the first command-line option on "Xvesa", exited X, ran 'startx' -- and X didn't come up.  I did the same with full persistence on hard drive, rebooted, and X came up, but no desktop.  Anyone have a clue what I should try next?

J.E.B.

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Xvesa -nozap not working anymore?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »
TC or MC?
Could you paste the full first line of .xsession
Did you run xsetup ?
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline maro

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
No problems here: the X server from the 'Xvesa.tcz' extension (i.e. '/usr/local/bin/Xvesa') works fine and does what one would expect after adding the '-nozap' option to '~/.xsession' (i.e. politely ignoring 'Ctrl-Alt-Backspace').

I had no need to run 'xsetup', as I assume that the other options (e.g. resolution and mouse) will be the same as for the "built-in" 'Xvesa' (i.e. '/usr/bin/Xvesa'). Plus the fact that '/usr/local/bin' "trumps" '/usr/bin' in $PATH takes care of the question of which one is run. Mind you, to be sure I used hash -r after the tce-load -wi Xvesa in my test.

Offline jonathanbrickman0000

• PC TSC:  Easily turn a PC into a terminal server client
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
I must have been making one of my too-sleepy-to-be-doing-this-really mistakes.  Once I programmed in the tce-load of Xvesa and the -nozap for .xession, it worked perfectly.  Thanks, everyone :-) 

J.E.B.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:04:09 AM by jonathanbrickman0000 »