Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

[SOLVED] suspend workaround

<< < (2/4) > >>

^thehatsrule^:
You might want a login env, i.e. by passing -l

dentonlt:
Just an echo - I get the same results as Curaga (http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=6326.45)

If you do work this out, I'd like to know. I'm using Xvesa for the time being.

DLT

jur:
Right, using -l helped a bit...
Now there's a new problem: Several of my .X.d stuff is loading several times, conky, tint2 and volumeicon.

--- Code: ---11252 root     /usr/local/bin/Xorg -nolisten tcp -dpi 86
11269 tc       openbox
11295 tc       conky
11296 tc       tint2
11298 tc       volumeicon
11610 tc       conky
11611 tc       tint2
11615 tc       volumeicon
11650 tc       wbar -bpress -p right -vbar -config /usr/local/tce.icons

--- End code ---

I wonder if this is a bug of sorts with the .X.d routines?

^thehatsrule^:
hmm... I think that might be due to the login part which would also try to run x.  Maybe don't startx?

Using sudo could be another alternative.

maro:
jur: In this kind of situation I find it helpful to establish the full process tree:
* either via the 'F5' option of 'htop' (available via the 'htop.tcz' extension), or
* running ps -efH with the 'procps.tcz' extensions installed, or
* by using ps -o 'pid,ppid,user,args' with the BusyBox applet and working out the relationships of the processes in question.The interesting question is whether each set of processes started via '~/.X.d' are having a common ancestor.

AFAIK the '~/.X.d' startup happens in '~/.xsession', which gets executed along the way from 'startx' and accounts for the start of the X server, the WM and the (optional) '~/.X.d/' apps. So I was wondering whether it is possible that you ran 'startx' once and when you only kill the X server there might be still other processes left over (even though I could not produce that situation myself with my quick test using a QEMU VM). Anyway the process tree might give an answer to that question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version