WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: AppsBrowser  (Read 1278 times)

Offline pinkfoxpart2

AppsBrowser
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »
I am online but my appsbrowser is not working.  I click connect but it tells me that i have a connection error but when i run opera i can get online. What is wrong with my appsbrowser.  I also tried to download apiword and it wouldnt download.  Is there something that i am not doing correctly?  However when i run it on a diffrent computer in virtual box it works perfect.

Offline maro

Re: AppsBrowser
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »
So you recon that your connectivity to external hosts is fine but you struggle with the 'appbrowser': Have you tried a different mirror?

As I was preparing for this post I had a bit a "play" and to simulate the apparent inability of your system to connect to 'ibiblio' I used sudo sed -i '$a10.0.2.2 distro.ibiblio.org' /etc/hosts (and sudo sed -i '/10.0.2.2 distro.ibiblio.org/d' /etc/hosts to back out this tweak again). What I found is that you might be in a classical "catch-22" situation insofar that 'appbrowser' can't get the list of mirrors from 'ibiblio' and hence you can't select an alternative host in 'appbrowser'.

Before I give a possible solution I wonder what happens when you execute tce-fetch.sh info.lst.gz (which is AFAIK pretty much the first thing 'appbrowser' does when you press the 'Connect' button). If that fails with something like wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found I'd suggest you execute
    echo 'http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/tinycorelinux/' > /opt/tcemirror
and repeat the test with 'tce-fetch.sh' again. If that works your 'appbrowser' should work as well.

Offline pinkfoxpart2

Re: AppsBrowser
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
Thank you very much.