WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Installed programs no longer appearing  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Neo

Installed programs no longer appearing
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »
Hi All,
I installed TC 3.1 and promptly downloaded + Installed Firefox, Flash and VLC.
FF and VLC appeared to work fine, however whenever I boot up TC, none of these programs appear!
I tried downloading them again (plus all of the four options I really don't know what they do - On Demand, etc.) but I am simply told that the programs are already downloaded.
So how do I get these programs working again as I do not see any icon to click and cannot find them anywhere.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Take care,
Eric

Offline SamK

Re: Installed programs no longer appearing
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »
For applications to "appear" after a boot-up they must be listed in either onboot or ondemand.  This page in the wiki gives a few tips on how to use and manage them:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.com/Installing+Applications

Edit: For applications to survive between boot-ups a tce directory must also be set up on some form of permanent storage.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:46:25 AM by SamK »

aus9

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 02:51:44 AM »
hi

roberts has changed this issue in 3.2rc

The wiki was I think a 2x series so here is how to do it

1) click on the cpanel and apps audit....click on onboot or ondemand

find your application....lets call it vlc (and you can assume similar for others)

If vlc shows up in "ondemand" then all you need to do is click on the empty desktop ....find the ondemand menu and click on vlc which will be in the right hand list.....hopefully vlc will now show up

BUT if vlc is not in ondemand and NOT in onboot.....then click into  onboot list then click on the left hand list to select it as onboot and reboot.

2) its possible to also change your mind and move stuff from ondemand to onboot or vice versa.....but you reboot to save the changes and effect the changes.

good luck

Offline Neo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
Many thanks, that worked!
I had an issue with no sound but downloading & installing alsa and then fiddling with it took care of that.
I now have an issue with VLC freezing but will post separately for that.