WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: gsview can't find file gs_init.ps  (Read 2725 times)

Offline philip

gsview can't find file gs_init.ps
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:04:21 AM »
To view a postscript document on-screen, I tried downloading gsview.tcz. It didn't work. Instead, it complained about a missing file named gs_init.ps. After downloading a few other ghostscript packages with fundamental-sounding names, I found the missing file in ghostscript_common.tcz. Installing that package (along with the others) made gsview work.

Possible remedies:
- copy the missing file gs_init.ps into the package gsview.tcz (if it is the only missing item); OR
- declare the package ghostscript_common.tcz among the dependencies of gsview.tcz (if that would suffice); OR
- declare a bunch more dependencies including ghostscript_common.tcz (essentially what I installed, proceeding by guesswork).

I didn't test these options thoroughly, trusting that somebody else will know what to do without a bunch of trial and error. Thanks a lot!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: gsview can't find file gs_init.ps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »
I'll try and have a look at this in the next couple of days

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:32:54 AM »
I hadn't used gsview since tc-2.x, but you're correct - there is a problem.

I found gsview needed at least 5-6 files from ghostscript_common (I got bored after that) when used with libgs_ps.

gsview will work when used with libgs instead of libgs_ps, but this introduces a bunch more deps.

I guess the best solution for now is to add ghostscript_common to the deps of gsview

Offline philip

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 06:54:48 AM »
Thanks for intervening here.