Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

mpd: problem starting

(1/5) > >>

gavs:
I am using TC3.1. I installed alsa.tcz and it started OK. I installed mpd.tcz and mpd-doc.tcz, copied the mpd.conf file, modified to specify user=tc, port=6600 and directories for music, playlists, database and log, I created directories and put 3 flac files in the music directory. When I try to start mpd I get the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libvpx.so.0: cannot map zero-fill pages: cannot allocate memory

Please advise how I can overcome this error and start mpd.

Thank you.

curaga:
The vp8 lib seems to want 514mb of ram. Also seems to be fixed in upstream, so you could PM the libvpx maintainer.

gavs:
Thank you for the prompt response. I am using an older computer with 256mb ram. Sorry for being naive, what do you mean by "you could PM the libvpx maintainer"?

Lee:
PM = private message, a function of the forum software running this message base.  A private message doesn't appear here in the message boards, but the recipient will get an email notification that he has a message waiting (in case he does not frequently visit the forums).

"the libvpx maintainer" = the person who packaged/submitted the libvpx.tcz extension.  You can find this in the .info file for the extension. ("Robert Schumann", in this case).  If you get no response after a few days, mention as much here in this thread.

Of course, there currently is no forum user named "Robert Schumann", so I suppose he used his full name in the info file and uses a nickname here in the forums.

Robert? ...

Arslan S.:

--- Quote from: Lee on September 24, 2010, 12:49:09 PM ---
Of course, there currently is no forum user named "Robert Schumann", so I suppose he used his full name in the info file and uses a nickname here in the forums.

Robert? ...

--- End quote ---

I think Robert Schumann's forum nick is gutmensch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version