Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

[SOLVED] Why can't rox filer handle large file sizes?

(1/3) > >>

jur:
I have an external disk with some movies etc on it; the bigger files can't be handled. I haven't done specific tests but generally the files that are a problem right now, are over 1GB in size. I use rox filer for almost everything; rox reports the file doesn't exist or can't be accessed. If I copy one of these files over to my home dir, using cp in a terminal, it works and I can play the file. However this does not last - a bit later rox also reported the same problem on this file which seemed OK to begin with. And now I can't delete the file using rox - it reports the file is too large for the data type.

I had it on fat32 and copied it to my etc3 fs.

Is there an inherent file size limit that I'm running into here?

[edit] I can delete it using rm in a terminal, so perhaps this is a rox issue?

tinypoodle:
Max. file size Fat32 = 4GB

I'd suggest you fsck both fs and see if that possibly solves the issues.

Preferably use the '-v' option to get verbose output

;)

jur:
I had some more experiments, and it would appear only to be a problem in rox. So I'm editing the title and asking mods to move this to tce bugs.

emelfm2 did not have a problem, neither had vlc's file dialog.

Jason W:
Version 2.10 of rox-filer in the repo is the current testing version, so not something an upgrade will likely fix.

But I notice Gentoo and Debian using a nostrip patch for this version of ROX, and I will use that patch and rebuild and see if that may address what we are seeing.

Jason W:
Rebuilt with nostrip patch, no success, as I can look at an 8gb file with emelfm2 and Rox does not see it, except for red exclamation marks that indicates there is an issue reading that file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version