General TC > Tiny Core Netbooks

[SOLVED] Screen Resolution 1024x600

<< < (7/7)

Scampada:
Hi,
I've read the thread and tried to use some advices in my own TC. I want to get a framebuffer console with no distortion; so I tried to set vga=577 and it caused only that I booted into 80x25 CLI.
Standard 788 and 789 work fine. I'll read also the thread mentioned somewhere above concerning native resolutions, but, maybe if someone knows that I definitely can not do this, maybe he'd say it earlier than I read that thread and do some more unnecessary quiestion.))

I have tried 915resolution, changed on of the modes to mine, then edited fb.modes and did fbset, but nothing happened...

...That's because fbset doesn't change the mode from file... when I feed it with /etc/fb.modes (which I have to create) and then type fbset it showes me my old 800x600 resolution.

Scampada:
When I look at fbset it shows me
mode "800x600-75"
    geometry ...
    timings...
    accel ...
    rgba ...
endmode

when I look for /etc/fb.modes there is no such file. I touch and edit it.
Then I do fbset 1024x600-60 and nothing happens though it doesn't say there is no such mode.
Then I do fbset again and it shows me 800x600-75 etc...

Scampada:
SOLVED too; no need to use such magic; my vbios supports native 1024x600 and my grub can do things like set gfxpayload=keep while working in 1024x600 mode from the very beginning.
Now avatars won't distort in the links and fonts look sharper. Fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version