WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Suggestion for tce-load  (Read 2102 times)

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Suggestion for tce-load
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:34:59 PM »
I have the following suggestion for tce-load:

Add option -n (noicon) so wbar does not get updated with an icon when the extension is loaded. This prevents wbar getting filled up with icons of extensions that are only used rarely, such as lxrandr, or extensions that are only used once for whatever reason.

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Re: Suggestion for tce-load
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »
I have edited the 2 relevant scripts and these accomplish the suggestion.

Attached.

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »
I wish to renew my request for this option. It would be great if extensions which are called ondemand only very infrequently not to clutter up wbar.

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:07:14 AM »
For those who use wbar should be comfortable, but is necessary to implement in interface or using only with the terminal?

Offline uggla

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
Great! I was thinking of the same thing.

/Uggla

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:23 PM »
I would consider OnDemand items not to display in wbar, in fact that would be my preference.
Only onboot item that have icons to display in wbar. But I know I can't please everyone on this one.

I do not wish to introduce yet another list that a user must maintain to specify wbar items.
Since wbar is limited in the number of icons that a single instance can display, perhaps a formula or even a boot code to set a maximum number to display. Then the order of the boot list together with a max limit could be used to for those wishing to control which application icons would be displayed.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:43 AM »
I have written a simple script that renames the .desktop file (if it exists) inside the .tcz of an extension, and this satisfies my requirement of a given app not showing up in wbar, and neither does it clutter up the menu. A second script (not written, as yet not needed) restores the original functionality.  Just a couple of clicks in rox does the job.

I have to repeat this every time an update is downloaded but that is no problem, happens infrequently. I have a script that auto-updates my stuff on every boot.

So I guess this means I retract my request.