Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

apps audit tool - Is it suppose to work this way?

<< < (2/2)

althalus:
Hmm, haven't actually looked at the code for the audit tool.

Most likely I'll be able to work out the answer for myself after I've seen the code, but wouldn't it be possible to extend this tce.db to be something that the appbrowser updates when downloading a new extension, and the tce.db can then be added to .filetool.list, and thus greatly improve performance of the audit tool?

The current ability to completely rebuild the db obviously still included for when someone plays with their extensions directory by hand or doesn't include tce.db in their backups.

roberts:
There is always many ways to accomplish the same thing. But with the frequency of updates to the extensions and in particular their dependencies, I felt is best to be sure to have the latest at hand when performing an audit. It is really the same philosophy as booting to pristine state to ensure that the most current dependencies are processed.

Also one's personal collection of extensions should be far smaller than that of the official repository. It is also assumed that one has easy and fast Internet access.

tce.db is located in the tce dir along with the extensions and is therefore not in the backup.

bigpcman:

--- Quote from: roberts on June 16, 2010, 03:10:15 PM ---As mark for deletion existed before I implemented recursion.
The tce.db is recursive so adding such will be easy. See tce.db opera10 item.
In the mean time use the option Display All with No Dependencies

--- End quote ---

Recursive removal of an extension and it's dependencies (all those not used by other extensions) will be a welcome addition to the tc tool set. I look forward to your implementation.

althalus:

--- Quote from: roberts on June 16, 2010, 06:02:48 PM ---There is always many ways to accomplish the same thing. But with the frequency of updates to the extensions and in particular their dependencies, I felt is best to be sure to have the latest at hand when performing an audit. It is really the same philosophy as booting to pristine state to ensure that the most current dependencies are processed.

--- End quote ---
Yes, of course, Sleep deprived brains don't always follow thoughts through to the logical conclusion. Speaking from experience, it can take upwards of 5 minutes to build the database on a moderately powerful machine, (though that may be because I tend to experiment with a large variety of different tools) hence the original thought.

roberts:

--- Quote from: bigpcman on June 16, 2010, 06:15:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: roberts on June 16, 2010, 03:10:15 PM ---As mark for deletion existed before I implemented recursion.
The tce.db is recursive so adding such will be easy. See tce.db opera10 item.
In the mean time use the option Display All with No Dependencies

--- End quote ---

Recursive removal of an extension and it's dependencies (all those not used by other extensions) will be a welcome addition to the tc tool set. I look forward to your implementation.

--- End quote ---
Completed for both 2.11 and 3.0. Will be in next posted cut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version