Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

apps audit tool - Is it suppose to work this way?

(1/2) > >>

bigpcman:
I noticed that the apps audit tool "list dependencies" and mark for deletion list are different.

For instance if I install opera10 as the only extension in the "optional" directory I get the following tcz files:

xorg-7.5.lib
expat2
fontconfig
glib2
openssl
qt4.x-base
opera10

When I list dependencies for opera10 in the apps audit tool I get all the above minus opera10.

But when I "mark for deletion opera10 all that shows up is:
opera10
qt-4.x-base
fontconfig

... and when I reboot the above three extensions are removed but all the others remain in "optional".

This doesn't seem right. Am I missing something here? This makes removing applications a bit confusing.

tested on tc3alpha7

edit: Tried this on  shiretoko.tcz and the results are the same except of course there are even more files left behind in "optional" after the "mark for deletion" and reboot operation since  shiretoko.tcz has more dependencies.

althalus:
it only removes opera's immediate dependancies - The extensions left behind are the deps of deps, so it would seem the remove tool is not recursive.

roberts:
As mark for deletion existed before I implemented recursion.
The tce.db is recursive so adding such will be easy. See tce.db opera10 item.
In the mean time use the option Display All with No Dependencies

althalus:
tce.db? Where can I find more information on this tce.db?

roberts:
Since all of my code is limited to only that which is included in the base Tiny Core, tce.db is a created on the fly awk database. Well, actually even more limited, busybox awk database. See tce-audit for all the gory details.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version