WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Suggestion re OnDemand  (Read 1874 times)

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Suggestion re OnDemand
« on: May 23, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
In flwm, if you drop a script in /.OnDemand, it automagically appears in the OnDemand right-click menu. It allows me to drop my own custom scripts in there and have them available on demand.  I find this a very nifty feature indeed.

It would be great if this niftiness could be extended to the other wms as well. It would yet allow another, perhaps more powerful, way for users to tweak their setups.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Suggestion re OnDemand
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
Now you know why I like flwm ! The other WMs need to update a formatted menu file.
I could use that directory watcher daemon (tce-notify) that I wrote (see v2.7) to watch .wmx.OnDemand and call the appropriate wm_ondemand script. But personally many, myself included, don't like extra daemons. But could be and should be easily done.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline OldAdamUser2

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread. I have appreciated the "ondemand" featured (invoked by a right-click anywhere on the desktop -- and populated by opening a terminal window and entering the command "ondemand"), but for some time I have wondered how I could delete entries to the "OnDemand" menu. The answer, I now see, is to go to /home/tc/.wmx/OnDemand and delete any entries that you wish to omit.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Look for an update to AppsAudit to add deletion to OnDemand items as is currently done with OnBoot..
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.