Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

bibletime stops wbar

(1/1)

jur:
When loading bibletime, wbar disappears, due to the icon not conforming or being missing or something similar. (wbar will not load if there is a icon or command problem with any of the apps.)

maro:
Looks like as if 'wbar' does not "like" SVG files. After I changed in '/usr/local/tce.wbar' the entry
   i: /usr/local/share/icons/bibletime.svg
to
   i: /usr/local/share/bibletime/icons/bibletime.png
I was able to restart 'wbar'.

Edit: If my theory is correct that wbar only "plays nice" with PNG files an enhancement of the new '/usr/bin/wbar_icon_upd.sh' might be required. A check for the file type could be able to prevent this issue and in case of a SVG file fall back to the "old" way to pick an icon file.

Jason W:
Bilbletime fixed.

robc:
I'm not sure where the svg came from, my build script for this extension has the png icon used for wbar...

Jason W:
I have been converting existing extensions to be compliant with the freedesktop standards mentioned in this thread:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=5810.0

Batch converting was used, and there was a glitch in the icon used for the X-FullPathIcon entry in some extensions.  That has been fixed since the first pass.  A final conversion/correction will be done in the near future to make extensions compatible with TC 2.11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version