WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: enlightenment  (Read 6047 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
enlightenment
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
Thanks to Althalus for:

Code: [Select]
Title:          enlightenment.tcz
Description:    The Enlightenment DR17 Desktop Environment
Version:        16.999.063
Author:        See http://enlightenment.org/p.php?p=contact&l=en
Original-site:  enlightenment.org
Copying-policy: GPL
Size:      10.1MB     
Extension_by:   Althalus
Comments:       No attempt at configuration for TC has been made.
                It's up to the user to make it work the way you want.

Change-log:     -
Current:        First release 2010-03-06

Offline neonix

Re: enlightenment
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:57:46 AM »
It doesn't work for me.  I try 2 times, and appbrowser says checksum error.  (tinycore 2.9)

Offline jls

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:03:16 AM »
It doesn't work for me.  I try 2 times, and appbrowser says checksum error.  (tinycore 2.9)
the same for me
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:26:27 AM »
Fixed.  It is an issue of there either being a new line in the md5.txt file or there not being two spaces between hash and filename, and it is happening with many extensions from several submitters.  I thought I caught them all, but this one slipped through.  What I think is happening is Gmail is messing up files when they are sent as raw files.  The easiest way to save me a lot of time and to help prevent bad md5's from slipping through is to make a tarball of the extension files and bcrypt them.  No matter how vigilant I am in running checks something here and there seems to make it's way through.  Using bcrypt will eliminate the md5 issue.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:28:13 AM by Jason W »

Offline neonix

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 08:25:44 AM »
There is missing dependency - expat2.tcz  When I install it it works, but it freeze in "language choose window". I don't know why. Enlightenment is too complex enviroment for me.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »
dbus depends on expat, and since dbus was in the enlightenment dep file I went ahead and added expat as a dependency.

Offline neonix

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
When I install it it works, but it freeze in "language choose window".

I was wrong. It didn't freeze. It's because "language choose window" doesn't show even one language to choose. And I didn't noticed "Next:" button, because it was hidden by wbar. Sorry for fake alarm.

Offline maro

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
The startup-file (i.e. '/usr/local/tce.installed/enlightenment') uses "#!/bin/bash" as shebang. I guess that should better be "#!/bin/sh"

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
Yeah, shebang for startup scripts should always be #!/bin/sh even if it is an extension that expects bash to be installed as a dependency.

Offline althalus

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »
The startup-file (i.e. '/usr/local/tce.installed/enlightenment') uses "#!/bin/bash" as shebang. I guess that should better be "#!/bin/sh"
My apologies, old habits =/

When I get home tonight, I'll fix and email through a new copy (Unless Jason is willing to fix it for me before I resubmit?)

@Neonix Regarding different languages: As english is my primary language, I've not even considered testing changing the language to something different - I'll look into that when i get home.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 03:04:23 PM »
Yeah, my task list is short tonight and I can fix the shebang as it will only take a minute.

Offline maro

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »
There seem to be some other problems with the 'enlightenment.tcz' extension: After working around the shebang problem (e.g. sudo sh /usr/local/tce.installed/enlightenment) the following 'startx' just ends up with a changed background, the string 'Language' written over the top center of the screen, and an empty large white box (with 'Select one' written in it's header, but nothing else). BTW, wbar seem to have been started (it's showing at the bottom) but is not "active".

There is nothing to select, mouse clicks don't achieve anything, no keystrokes seem to be accepted. So my only way out is to kill the X server (with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace). Amongst some other (probably benign) status messages the following error messages are filling the screen:
Code: [Select]
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_000.la: invalid ELF header
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_010.la: invalid ELF header
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_020.la: invalid ELF header
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_030.la: invalid ELF header
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_070.la: invalid ELF header
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_080.la: invalid ELF header
/tmp/tcloop/enlightenment/usr/local/lib/enlightenment/modules/wizard/linux-gnu-i686-ver-svn-05/page_200.la: invalid ELF header

My test system: TC 2.9 running under QEMU 0.11.1.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 05:37:23 PM »
I will hold off the shebang fix since there seems to be other issues that also need to be tackled.

Offline althalus

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
@maro: Make sure wbar isn't going to launch when you start X (Either remove the line from your .xsession or use the boot code). Wbar stops you being able to complete the wizard.

With a fresh install of TC in VBox, I am unable to replicate the ELF header error. Only installed TCZ's are enlightenment and it's deps. A quick google search suggests corrupted files or a different kernel than what the system was compiled on.
* Do you use the stock standard TC kernel?
* I've seen TC do strange things running under Qemu before. Do you have a non-Qemu environment you could test in?

@Jason: If you end up doing the shebang fix tonight, could you also amend the info file to include something along the lines of "Alsa is an optional dependency for the sound mixer. If you don't use alsa, just unload the mixer module when prompted" ?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »
I will go ahead and fix the shebang, but best to send an updated info file.