Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Suggestion for v 3: Rename tce directory to apps

(1/3) > >>

Guy:
You are doing a great job developing Tiny Core. It is getting better all of the time. Keep up the good work.

Just an idea for version 3.

I think it would be a good idea to rename the /tce directory to /apps. Many new users won't know what tce means. Most will know what apps means.

This won't affect the functionality, just make it easier for new users to find things in the filesystem.

If Robert and the team don't agree, or think it is unnecessary, I will accept the decision.

I am just sharing my thoughts.

trinity:
FWIW I totally agree with Guy.
Anything that can make things simpler without detracting from functionality seems to be worthwhile.
Especially as what are now found in the tce folder are tcz files!
:-)

robc:
I would have to disagree on renaming the /tce directory. The name "tce" is unique to Tinycore, but apps is not. If Tinycore is to live peacefully within the root of another distro then it's directory needs to be unique. Renaming Tinycore's directory to "apps" could cause problems for people with an existing /apps directory.

bmarkus:
I know what 'tce' means, it is tiny core extensions. It means the storage area for extensions. Its clear, easy to remember. But what is 'apps' ?  :-*

Keep tce.

Guy:
robc

There are many distros I haven't tried.

Which distros have a directory called /apps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version