WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Planetmule working on Tinycore?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline piete

Planetmule working on Tinycore?
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:38:48 AM »
Hi! I tried to play Planetmule (www.planetmule.com, download at http://mule-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/mule_linux_1.2.3.tar.gz) on Tinycore, but couldn't get it work (and yes, I did change the java path on the mule.sh, although I'd like to be able to use just "java" instead).

The programmers say that the game needs java and opengl support (so I installed Xorg plus the other package, graphics). Anyway, I'm not that experienced linux user that I could see immediately what's wrong. So I would be very grateful to the kind soul who could see what's wrong (and preferably get it work).

My intention is to make a livecd so that windows people who have problems running the game could try it out (and maybe get interested in Linux on the side). I have managed to do this on Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS, but I consider them bloated compared to Tinycore, all I would like is to have the essentials to be able to play the game.

Thank you for your help.

Offline piete

Re: Planetmule working on Tinycore?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:56:49 PM »
Hi all! I have narrowed the most probable reason for the game not work to opengl. I can't get glxgears work, which means there's something wrong with opengl and thus Planetmule won't work either. I read that there was some problems with glxgears/opengl that I couldn't find final solution, has anybody any suggestions?

My graphic chipset is Intel 965.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 03:07:06 PM »
Using Xorg will probably be required.  If you need further info/help, you should open a new thread.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »
Do not know planetmule, just mention there are certain applications which do not work with Intel graphics chipsets, for example Google Earth due to issue with current Xorg.  It may influence planetmule.

See http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=3023.0
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:10:19 AM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."